Debugging is a critical skill for software developers and programmers, but it is not often taught well in many computer science classes. This guide gets you started on your way to becoming a more effective and confident debugger.
Next time you face a list of pesky bugs and feel frustration rising, check this guide to help keep crashes from becoming showstoppers!
This guide includes:
- A real-life example from a major project I worked on, complete with lessons and guidelines.
- Tips on how to stay calm and maintain your sanity when you are frustrated and overwhelmed by your bug list.
- Suggestions on how to research and find information on those pesky error messages.
- A sample bug tracker tool to help you stay organized.
- A debugging checklist to help you figure out the next step.
- A guided debugging exercise, complete with Java code and explanation, and suitable for beginners.
You can get the guide now at my Itch.io page.